CCBF’s fellowship programme – Shanghai Visiting International Publishers project (SHVIP) is one of CCBF’s most important cultural exchange programmes, as well as Asia’s first fellowship project exclusively dedicated to children’s publishing. It is designed for publishing managers, publishers, and editors of all levels.
Based on the conviction that mutual knowledge is the key to fruitful business and productive cultural exchange, SHVIP offers a small group of children’s book specialists the opportunity to gain detailed insight into China’s publishing landscape and visit CCBF from an exclusive perspective. It also enables CCBF exhibitors and trade visitors to communicate with the invited publishers.
The SHVIP application period closed on 25 June. An increasingly competitive programme, SHVIP has broken all records with 152 high - quality applications from 45 countries and territories. Given the stunning level of the applications received and in order to celebrate the new partnership between CCBF and BolognaFiere, SHVIP is exceptionally offering 12 positions instead of the 10 usually attributed in this programme.
The international fellows and local publishers will pitch their best titles to the audience in a challenging three-minute timeframe. An entertaining and inspiring event followed by a networking cocktail.
SHVIP Exclusive Benefits
- Air ticket allowance to travel to Shanghai*
- 6 nights' hotel accommodation
- A tailor-made tour to local publishing houses, bookstores and other places of importance around Shanghai
- Participation in many CCBF top events: SHVIP Book Pitch Party, professional conference programme etc.
- Access to all CCBF match-making and networking opportunities to boost your business network